So yesterday my friend Lucas texted me that he'd found a blue French Angora buck because he knew I'd been looking for one (or because he fiendishly thought that if he found an Angora he could disuade me from a Jersey Woolie house bunny which I was also considering...hmmm....not sure about his motives.) Anyway, long story short I bought him. (Or rather, I bought him, Lucas paid for him and the bunnies he bought, and we're going to go pick them up soon and, you know, somewhere in there I'll pay Lucas back.)
I went back to the Web site where I saw his pic yesterday to poach it for the blog, but it's gone. I'm trying to get a copy from the breeder that I can post here because if you're going to name an animal it helps to see what it looks like. In the meantime, I can tell you that he's fluffy and a soft gray color. Here are the rules:
1) Hobbit (or Hobbit-like) names ONLY! If it sounds Hobbitish that's good enough. You can even use a Hobbit name generator to help you out. My other two Angoras are called Merry and Pippin after Hobbits and I thought it makes a nice theme besides the fact that bunnies are Hobbitish or Hobbits are bunnish. Whichever.
2) Email me your suggestion(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org Put Bunny Naming Contest in the subject line so I don't miss it. There's no limit. Send as many as you like; enter as often as you like.
3) Deadline is December 20 because that's the day I hope to pick him up.
4) I am particular about few things in life, but one of them is names. So I may decide not to use any of the names submitted, but there will still be a giveaway. Either I'll choose the name I like best or we'll do it very scientifically and put all the suggestions in a hat and draw a winner.
5) The Prize: Okay, the part you've been waiting for . . . but I'm not going to tell you. It'll be a surprise. Probably a fibery one since that's what the farm is mostly about. You could end up with most anything. That's half the fun.
So sharpen those pencils! Can't wait to hear your suggestions!