Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Twisk!


It's hard to believe that one year ago I stopped in to do my chores on my way to go walking and found Poppet had pulled out a bunch of fur during the night and I thought, "Could it be? Did she have her babies finally?" I had given up thinking she might. But sure enough, babies. I said to Rob, "Do you remember when they were learning to hop and Twisk was still dragging himself around by his front legs and you said it was because I held him so much he never got a chance to practice?" Sure enough, as soon as I put him down and gave him a chance he started to hop. But he still loves to be held. Raising a litter of baby bunnies is hands-down one of my all-time most favorite experiences. I still miss the four who left and hope they are enjoying their homes. If I'd had the room they would have all stayed.

Happy birthday little Twisket (though in this case "little" is not exactly literal . . . )