Monday, May 25, 2015

Ambushed by Awwwwwwwww

The sheep and I were minding our own business yesterday morning, merely walking out to the movable pasture where they graze in the morning, when we were suddenly menaced ferociously by these little rascals.

The sheep would have jumped out of their fleece (if they'd still had any). Instead they bolted. Siobhan was on a leash and nearly took my arm off. The others jumped halfway across the meadow. (I have to admit, before the sheep startled I had walked right by and seen nothing.)

In these photos they are only minutes old. One is still wet and neither one can stand up yet, but the older one was trying. (If you want to know what they are saying to each other, you'll have to check out their photo album on our FB page.)

















When I let the llamas out, they immediately discovered MamaDeer and the babies and were lined up along the fence rubbernecking. Roux, in particular, was enthralled. MamaDeer didn't seem to mind much. That is, she didn't seem to mind Roux and Jak-Jak much. I was a different story.

I crept up and watched them for awhile, and Roux could have given MamaDeer the "all clear nothing to worry about here" but instead he kept staring at me with a "I've never seen that scary person before in my life" expression that did nothing to help MamaDeer understand I was harmless. So I didn't stay long. I did find one baby several times later on because she likes to cuddle up right next to the fence. How cute is that???



No comments:

Post a Comment