Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hopping Down the Bunny Trail


You know what is cool about finally having snow??? Seeing bunny tracks!! I've been waiting all winter. When I went out to feed the chickens this morning I noticed someone had been busy so I ran inside, grabbed the camera, and followed him around. I'm working on (working may be a bit of an energetic term since really I'm working on writing for about 16 hours every day...putzing a few minutes here and there might be more accurate) a series of bunny paintings. Yes, folks, I've taken my obsession to the next level. I'm now creating bunny art. And not copied bunny art either (ie., my lovely paintings of Beatrix Potter bunnies) but my own, original creations. My first is a mixed media canvas. I'm still working on it but the background looks like this:




(Can you guess what the background color is made from???)

It's got a bit more on it now because as soon as the background was finished I started building up the layers. I like how it's going so far. But this morning I had an idea to do bunny tracks. I've been thinking someone ought to stamp bunny tracks in metal, maybe for pendants or something. But when I saw them on the ground this morning I knew exactly what I was going to do with that second canvas I got for my two-fer. But you'll just have to wait and see.

After following Peter Cottontail all around the bunny trail he went home. Here: